Asian slaw is a crunchy multi-layered salad that brims with colour and explodes with flavour.
Although it might share its name with its distant cousins French, Greek and garden salads, this isn’t your average lettuce and tomato arrangement. No cucumber or feta here.
Asian slaw is made with shredded vegetables and herbs, tossed and coated in an irresistible tangy Chinese or Vietnamese dressing. Think crispy strips and roughly torn pieces of carrot, cabbage, leaves and even nuts, all living together in one bowl of zesty freshness.
I can’t think of any dish that wouldn’t be beautifully complemented by the aromatic textures of asian slaw.
Serve it as an appetizer for lunch or dinner or as a side dish for any occasion, or even as part of a main course over noodles with some shredded coconut steamed chicken. I love adding it to burgers, wraps and noodles for a a satisfying crunch!
Making asian slaw is quick and easy, healthy, an an instant burst of colour. It’ll brighten any dish at the table, a picnic, a barbecue or even in sandwiches for work and school.
Tasty Asian Slaw
- 1 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 cups white cabbage shredded
- ½ cup carrots shredded about 2 carrots
- ½ cup apple shredded
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp peanuts chopped
- 2 spring onions onions
Peanut Salad Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp ginger fresh grated
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes if not too spicy for you
- Using a food processor, thinly slice red and white cabbage, and grate carrots
- Change from the slicing blade to the chopping blade and finely chop the cilantro, parsley, and peanuts
- Thinly slice green onion
- Add everything to a large mixing bowl
- In a separate smaller bowl combine dressing ingredients: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, peanut butter, garlic, tamari, sugar, ginger, sea salt and chilli flakes
- Whisk to combine
- Pour dressing over slaw and toss to combine
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve
The Sweese curve collection bowls have a stylish shape with clean and curved lines, which adds a modern touch to your table. You will love this curved collection which is perfect for ice cream, dessert, dips, small snacks, dipping sauces, leftovers and more.