If you love corn as much as this little corn kid (now known around the world as the CEO of corn), you’re going to go nuts for corn fritters, one of my favourite finger foods to fire up anytime.
These easy sweet corn fritters are a super quick way to add some extra vegetables to your diet and are ready in a flash.
Crispy on the outside and irresistibly light & fluffy on the inside, with the crunch of those plump whole corn kernels, these corn fritters are a fresh and healthy take on flapjacks.
Great as a side dish or even at a barbecue, they contain fibre, certain B vitamins and vitamin C, as well as potassium, magnesium, and antioxidants.
Corn fritters are delicious served with all your favourite dips or alongside a steak or a couple of chops. Whether you prefer them as a snack or a light breakfast meal, these are guaranteed to put smiles on the faces of everyone around the table. They’re corntastic!
Crispy Corn Fritters
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup spring onion finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- sea salt to taste
- Place the self-raising flour, eggs, half the corn kernels and a pinch of salt into the bowl of a food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and fold through the remaining corn kernels and the spring onion
- Mix until well incorporated
- Pour two tablespoons of oil into a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan, forming the fritters by slightly spreading the mixture out with the back of a spoon
- Fit as many as spoonfuls as you can into the pan
- Cook for about 2 minutes each side or until golden brown
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you cook the rest of the fritters
- Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce if you wish
- Serve whilst still warm