Who can resist a brownie? Not me, not ever! Like a magic blend of cookie and pudding, brownies outrank every dessert there is in the always-in-the-mood-for stakes. You don’t even need a spoon – or a plate, I’d argue.
Brownies beckon you closer with every mouthful. They’re rich, chocolatey, squidgy, oozy, gooey little bars from heaven that you can’t keep your hands off of.
They’re made just right for you to curl up on the couch with, as you make your way through another helping and lick that melted chocolate goo off your sticky little fingers.
It’s hard to think of anything better than a classic brownie – with crusty edges that give way to cocoa lava – but we’re about to put the cherry on the cake. Or raspberries, rather.
These little juice gems add a beautiful pop of tartness to the dark chocolate and a brand new level of texture, moisture and flavour.
Taste buds, prepare for liftoff.
Ricciarelli Almond Cookies
- 150 g ground almonds
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 orange juiced
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ¼ cup egg whites
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C
- Mix together the ground almonds, brown sugar, honey and half the orange zest
- Slowly add the lightly whisked egg whites and blend until a cookie dough forms
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and mould the dough into bite-sized balls
- Evenly space them on the baking tray
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week
- Combine the yoghurt, vanilla, orange juice and the rest of the zest and serve alongside the cookies
The best name in professional baking, Fat Daddio's brings industrial strength bakeware to your oven.
Made with anodized aluminium, this 8x2 square baking pan is the ideal kitchen tool for perfect brownies, blondies, cakes and bars.
The pan's surfaces are thick, smooth and completely sealed, so you'll enjoy consistent bakes with even heating, no warping and no metallic flavours whatsoever.