Lemon Curd is a bright yellow, soft, gooey, mouth-puckeringly tart and zingy lemon dessert spread that is so well-loved as an addition to just about everything. Used between cake layers, on crumpets, in tartlets, as a spread on scones, drizzled over ice cream or on meringues, whichever way you choose to eat it is as delicious as the next.
Servings: 1½ cups Time: 10 minutes Difficulty: Easy
- 2 whole free range eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup strained lemon juice
- Grated rind of 2 unwaxed lemons
- 125g chilled, unsalted butter chopped
- Beat the whole eggs and yolks until pale and frothy
- Gradually beat in the sugar until thick and pale
- Mix in the lemon juice and rind
- Stir the ingredients together
- Pour into a heavy bottom saucepan and cook over a medium heat
- Whisk in the butter piece by piece
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes until it has thickened
- Be sure not to let the mixture boil or curdle
- Once thickened, remove from the stove, place into a medium bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on to the surface Leave to cool completely
- Store the lemon curd in an airtight container or sterilised jar in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Make up to 200 cookies on a full charge. Based on 4 batches of chocolate chip cookies.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery delivers optimal run time and performance. Battery Indicator Light signals when it is time to charge the battery.
- "Easy to charge with convenient charger included, which works on all products across the suite. Charge from empty to full in 2 hours or less.With a quick charge of 10 minutes stir up a cake batter recipe.When following recommended battery maintenance. "