Muffins are such satisfying little bites, aren’t they? So handy for a quick breakfast, to take on a hike, to fit into a lunchbox for school or the office, or a relaxing picnic down by the lake. Make them either savoury or sweet and they’ll always be rewarding.
These cheese and spinach muffins fit the bill for the perfect grab and go snack. Light, easy, quick and made for fingers.
Do all the prep the night before and in just a little while you’ll be rewarded with a wonderful aroma throughout your home and some scrumptious handheld wonders to pack into a portable treasure chest.
Cheese and Spinach Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill or ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1-¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ cups spinach finely sliced
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup oven dried tomatoes finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, herbs, baking soda, salt and pepper
- In another bowl, whisk egg, milk, and oil
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened
- Fold in Cheese, spinach and tomato
- Fill greased muffin cups three-quarters full
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack
- Serve warm
This pan allows you to create bakery quality cupcakes and muffins at home. The pan surface is a non-stick silicone, allowing you to easily release your baked goods from the pan, without any sticking or burnt fingers.
Where’s the spinach in this recipe?
Hi JJ thanks for stopping by, don’t know how this disappeared?? Have added it back, hope you enjoy them and let us know how they turned out 🙂