When hot summer days roll around and the sun’s already beating down by 10am, it’s always good to have ice cold refreshing drinks ready to go. Served in a large pitcher with loads of ice, a handful of frozen blueberries and a couple of lemon slices, blueberry lemonade is a delicious fruity thirst quencher with benefits.
The fibre content of blueberries helps to reduce the total amount of cholesterol in the blood and decrease the risk of heart disease, while lemons help reduce the risk of heart disease, anaemia, kidney stones and digestive issues.
So let’s raise a glass to great taste and good health!
Sparkling Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 125 g blueberries
- 2 to 3 lemons juiced and zested
- Sparkling or soda water
- Extra lemon slices and frozen blueberries for decoration
- Simmer the water, sugar, blueberries, lemon juice and zest for 15 minutes or until it forms a syrup
- Allow to cool and then strain
- Pour syrup into a 1½ or 2 litre pitcher
- Add Ice blocks and top up with sparkling or soda water, to your taste
- Add frozen blueberries and lemon slices
Featuring an elegant Scandinavian design, this premium quality pitcher comes with a capacity of 68 oz / 2 litres, so there's more than enough for a dinner party or drinks around the pool. It’s constructed from borosilicate glass for maximum resistance against scratches, stains, rust and odors.