Passion fruit iced tea is such a refreshing drink to cool you down on a steamy summer day. The exotic passionfruit evokes scenes of a desert island, with palm trees lightly swaying in the cool breeze, while you’re relaxing on the beach with this fragrant and fruity drink in your hand and not a care in the world.
Whip up a jug for a pool party or weekend barbecue and you’ll have delighted guests lining up for another glass.
It’s so easy to make and naturally non-alcoholic, so why not make one for the kids and another for adults with a tot of your favourite tipple to twist it up?
Passion Fruit Iced Tea
- 5 apple flavoured teabags
- pulp of 2 passionfruit granadilla
- 2 cups clear apple juice
- 4 cups of water
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ stalk of lemongrass bruised
- 4 passionfruit halved to serve
- Sparkling water or lemonade to serve
- Place the teabags, passionfruit pulp, water, honey and lemongrass in a saucepan
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely
- Add the apple juice and stir to combine
- Remove the teabags and lemongrass and divide the mixture between 4 glasses
- Top with sparkling water or lemonade
- Scrape the pulp from the four passionfruit into each glass
- Decorate with mint sprigs and serve icy cold
Featuring an elegant Scandinavian design, this premium quality pitcher comes with a capacity of 68 oz / 2 litres, so there's more than enough for a dinner party or drinks around the pool. It’s constructed from borosilicate glass for maximum resistance against scratches, stains, rust and odors.