Summer screams out for you to pluck these little dark berries and what better way to take advantage than with a luscious dessert dedicated in their name?
Soft, airy, light and fluffy, this blackberry mousse is healthy and delicious, making the most of the season’s freshest fruit, while succumbing to your sweet tooth at the same time.
What new kitchen sorcery is this?
Blissful Blackberry Mousse
- 350 g blackberries
- 80 g caster sugar
- 2½ tsp gelatine
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 large egg whites whisked to stiff peaks
- Fresh mint leaves or additional berries to decorate
- Place the fruit, sugar, and water in a pan and bring to a boil over a moderate heat
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 3-4 mins
- Sieve the blackberries and their liquid and then sprinkle the gelatine over the puree
- Whisk or stir well until the gelatine is dissolved and let cool
- Beat the ricotta and cream cheese together and stir in the blackberry mix
- Fold in a tablespoon of the egg white with a metal spoon to loosen the mixture then fold in the rest until no white is visible
- Spoon into glasses or bowls, decorate and leave to set in the fridge
- Frozen fruit can be used if fresh fruit is not available
They say that eating starts with your eyes, so expect to turn your guests' heads with this set of 6 elegant martini glasses. Double walled, they're perfect for keeping cold desserts cold or cocktails, whiskey, wine or liquor perfectly chilled.
Add something special to your dinner table by filling these glasses with colours and textures that make the most of their mesmerising V-shape core. This is pure art in a glass.